Selling your home can be an exciting, but stressful time. Luckily you are not alone in this process. Finding the right listing agent is key to having a successful, smooth experience. Your listing agent will help you price and market your home, negotiate with home buyers, and walk you through home inspection and closing.
You want to find someone who has your best interest in mind and is knowledgeable and experienced. Select an agent about six to eight weeks before putting your home on the market. Ask friends and family for recommendations, do thorough review searches online, and conduct in-depth interviews with several agents before making a final decision. During each interview, make sure you clearly state your goals for the sale and what you are looking for in an agent. To help you pick the best agent for you, here’s what you should consider.
- Are they a full-time agent?
- How many years have they been a listing agent?
- Have they sold any homes in your neighborhood in the past year?
- What types of homes/properties do they normally list?
- What is their process for marketing homes?
- What does an open house event look like for them?
- Will you be working with the same individual throughout the process or will it be a team?
- What is their level of responsiveness?
- What is their average sold-to-list timeline?
- How many listings are they managing right now?
- What will be expected from you throughout the process?
- What is their fee?
- Can you talk to one of their previous clients?
Using this criteria, you can narrow down your options and find the right fit for you!